Friday, November 7, 2008

What you say?!

Fall definitely be here... it was chilly and windy today as TC and I rode across town against the wind to pick up her car... where we promptly discovered that two bicycles with my custom built racks will not fit on her trunk rack.

So I rode home, which was a nice quick blast, considering the wind was at my back, which brings us to the event that made today a "blogable" day.

So, riding along the MUP that runs along Route 66 through Flagstaff. I'm rolling about 20 mph most of the way and having fun, heading west, which means that the road is to my right, and I'm facing the oncoming traffic. The speed limit on the road is 40. So the cars 15 feet away from me are essentially moving at ~80+ mph past me. Now that the scene is set, the event.

Someone in an oncoming car leans out their window... ...and yells something at me.

Given the speeds, the wind, the distances, and planetary alignments, I didn't exactly hear what he said, though it sounded something like this: "GGHHUUURRRRRGAAAALLAAAAA~!!!"

I honestly can't tell you why... but I had a big stupid grin on my face for the next 10 minutes.
Mileage: 25

No comments: