Friday, November 21, 2008

Peaceful

Having just got home from riding through town, I figured this would be a good time to say how much I love riding at night. It's 11:34 pm, and it's only 23 degrees outside my window. I must be crazy.

I met up with TC when she got off work, and we ended up riding around on Observatory Mesa again, only this time we were on roads. The stars were out and we both were using our headlights before we decided to turn around. It was a nice cruise. Then, after hanging out at her place, I rode home.

Despite the fact that it was almost 11 when I left, and ~30 degrees, and I was going to be riding in the narrow downtown streets past all the bars, I felt safer, warmer, and more awake than I would have if it was daytime.

Safer, I can chalk up to there being a lot less people to deal with, and if there was some drunken maniac trying to kill me, I'd have more escape routes.

More awake, because I focus more on what's going on around me, because I can't see farther than my little beam from my headlight.

I can't explain why I feel warmer. It's not really a temperature thing... it just feels right when I'm riding at night. I dunno... I just like it, and thought I'd share.

Mileage: 15.2

No comments: