Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Best Time of Year to Ride

Well, it's getting to be that time of year again.

It's dark enough in the morning that I need full lights on to feel safe on my ride to work, I'm on the lookout for colorful trees, and I need to start thinking about re-studding Bi's winter tires.

Fall sneaks up on me every year, but this year is especially sudden, with how little riding I've done, in comparison to years past. I'm left wondering where the summer riding season has gone, and why the Peaks have a thin layer of snow on them already?

I've been doing a lot of trail work the past couple weeks, enough so that I decided to get my own hard hat, instead of using my bike helmet.

Something ain't right...

But then I installed the actual headband and suspension and it fit properly. I think the hard hat will take a blow from a pick or a McCloud better than my bike helmet. Needs stickers, though.

Coming up in the near future: I build stuff, (It's almost done!) and the Taylor House Century ride. (Oh snap, that's next weekend!)

Mileage: 12.4

No comments: