Thursday, April 12, 2012

The one time I don't bring my camera...


It figures. I take Su out for a romp today on some singletrack, and we see a herd of elk, including one bigger than some cars. They weren't spooked at all, and I would have had plenty of time to snap several pictures of 30 elk silhouetted against the setting sun. D'ahh well. It looked cool, if you'll take my word for it.

As far as the ride itself... I don't know who got worn out more, Su or myself.  Riding on singletrack with a dog is a little awkward, especially when Su insists on running right alongside me. I think it might be time to invest in one of the extend-o-leashes, and attach it to the seatpost, so I can keep both hands on the bars, and not worry about tying up the leash in the wheels.

I have a new gadget to play with, and as a result, you can check out today's ride, and some past ones too!

Despite the fact that I was lacking in image capturing device today, I'll leave you with a bit of a photo dump from the last couple rides.
Snowblind, riding the hard way up Rocky Ridge.
Flagstaff from Rocky Ridge.

It caught my eye, therefore warranted a picture.

Tri and I, test riding in Skunk Canyon. Were I on a Pugsley, I would have kept on going.

Same ride, but now in Faye Canyon.

It's hard to tell, but that's a not so small tree growing out of an overhanging rock, with no support from below, next to the trail.

The trail in Faye Canyon looks cool.

Sunrise on the way to work this past week.
Exe are heading down to Tucson this weekend, via TC's place in Phoenix. I'm bringing bikes, with intent to ride. Should be fun.
Mileage: 12.7 total for today.

2 comments:

D*H said...

LOL, I know its supposed to be sort of a joke image but that desert graffiti on the power box cracks me right the f' up. Also, I love the mental picture of the doggie running beside you while you're on a ride.

Here's to hoping all those awful storm systems have been missing you lately!

Polar bear said...

I like graffiti that has a little imagination and skill in it. Anyone can spray a few plain letters on a wall. But when you get in to actual tagging that's done well, or things like that... it sort of becomes art to me.

We got hit by a storm while we were in Tucson, actually! But it was gone when we got home. Sunny skies and 70 degrees from then on.