Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wee hoo!

It has been a fun couple of days. A fun weekend, I shall say. Saturday was taken up by a trip out to Grand Falls with Josh, on the Little Colorado River, which gave me a great excuse to charge up the KLR's battery and blow the mice out of the muffler. Those poor mice. With the heavy snow over the winter, I was expecting the runoff to be high, and the falls to be falling nicely. I also hadn't been out to the falls since I was little, so it's something I've been wanting to do. We ended up walking in a circle around the falls from the top to the bottom, taking pictures along the way.






Today was the first mountain bike ride of the season. Josh and I met up with his friend Travis, and we rode the trails around Sedona. Aside from the ragging I caught for being on a single speed, it was fun, especially when Travis munched his rear derailer into the spokes. I think I have Tri set up just about perfectly for me, with the terrain around Sedona being the test I've been dreading. I didn't find myself missing the gears, even with Josh trying to taunt me with his shifters. I didn't have a problem keeping up with his gears.
Mileage: 13.3

No comments: