Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cargo racks!

So, the long and the short, Exegete decided to have me build a rack for the Pugsley. I may or may not have been excessive in pointing out the virtues of racks on bikes... but I think they look cool, and they do add a lot of functionality to a bike, as far as load carrying capacity goes.


Look! It stands on two legs!


Umm... what?
A little more to the left please... a little more to the left.

The last pic illustrates some of the... unique design issues associated with building a rack for a Pugsley. The whole bike is offset to the left because of the way the rims are dished, and I had to build the rack the same way in order to keep it centered over the tire. I didn't realize just how far I'd have to until I saw this, though.

Finished pictures of the rack soon!

Mileage: 4.5

No comments: