Sunday, December 28, 2008

We can make it better...

It is a common and well known fact, among those that know me, that I cannot own anything without making some sort of modification to it. Case in point, the Nashbar Townie grocery panniers.


They look decent here, but don't let that fool you!

Because of how flimsy and flexy these are, with about 8-10 pounds of stuff on either side, I was paranoid about stuff falling out (which almost did happen at one point...) and they almost doubled the width of the bike. With the way I overbuild stuff... this simply will not do. Though, to be honest, these only cost $13 each. Which to me means they are an excellent platform for "improvements."

I have a plan... which means they will either be mangled beyond recognition, ow will work better than most $50+ solutions.
Mileage: 5.7

No comments: