Monday, July 2, 2012

Kickin' it on 66

 Despite my lack of postage, there has been some riding happening. It's just that between the riding, the fact that life at work got very interesting, (In a good way so far...) and the urge to just completely zone out every time I sit down to blog... yeah.

So... have some pictures of a couple of my bike rides in the past week.

Coming down Little Elden Springs Road, on my way around Mt. Elden after work.

I decided it would be a good idea to ride out to Bellemont after work one day... via some old Route 66 alignments.

Old gas station along side old 66. I guess a scene from Easy Rider was filmed here?

Looking in the windows. Check out that register...

Old vending machines.

Some art where one alignment of 66 crosses another.
 Route 66 is a road that for some reason captures me. I think a big part of it is that it's such a big piece of history that is tangible and very easy to access, in a physical sense. Finding historical information of it is another story, though. So of course... riding my bike on it is way too cool to me.

Today... When Safeway has a soda sale... I ride Henry. I love my bike.


Mileage:6.5

No comments: