Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weekend Bike Related Eventery.

Busy busy weekend, with not much riding, but much in the way of bike related happenings. That's ok, I made up for it with how much I rode last week after work, and I plan on doing the same this week.

So, let's see here... *shuffles*

Saturday was National Trails Day! I joined about 210 other people out near Woody Mountain Road, and we built out over 1.25 miles of Loop Trail! It was dry, dusty work, but I had a blast, and got to build some really pretty trail. This segment will join up with Soldier's Loop, and drops through Sinclair Wash, past some very scenic terrain.

Never expected to find a salamander on a trail day...

Under construction.

Let the dust fly.

Anthony guarding the end of today's work. NONE SHALL PASS!
 Of course I rode the trail once all was said and done, which meant that Henry picked up most of the dust on the trail, mostly with the chain. So Henry got his annual chain scrubbing/lubepalooza, amidst testing the weight limits of the bike work stand.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH WHERE'S THE GROUND?!
 I think that's the longest Henry's been off the ground since I built him. But soon Henry got tires back on solid ground and got to go back with the rest of the bikes.

Is it me, or is it starting to look like a bike shop in here? (The three on the right are Jack's...)
 Today is the start of Flagstaff's annual Bike to Work Week, kicking off with the bike bazaar in Heritage Square, and the People Powered Parade through downtown.

Hey, it's the Bike Bar!

Staging for the parade.

Here we go!

I didn't know dragons rode bikes...

 

 

Batman even showed up.

 

The Pedallac! I see this around NAU now and then.
 After the parade, I took a leisurely cruise home. I was going to go out on a road ride this afternoon, but if the hour long nap I dozed off on is any indication, I probably needed the rest.
Stickerz!

Another thing to come out of this weekend... I'm looking into becoming an IMBA volunteer trail ambassador, as well as joining a mobile trail maintenance crew. Most of the things involved I already do informally, however there are classes and certifications and reports involved. We'll see. But after talking it over with Anthony, and reading up online a bit, it's something I'm interested in.

As if I wasn't busy enough already.
Mileage:10.6

No comments: