Friday, November 13, 2009

Successful test ride!

Normally I avoid riding in the rain when I can, especially offroad. However, if I need to, I usually take Bi, because he has fenders. Today, I went on a joyride in the rain, both on and off road, on a bike with no fenders.

And I had fun.

Why?

Let me introduce you to Bi's brother Tri:
It's like Bi, only naked!

Yup, finally built my single speed 29'er mountain bike. Identical frame and fork as Bi's, (hence the name, and you might remember when I got it at the bike fair.) and a 34 x 18 drivetrain, with a Surly chainring and cog, with Raceface cranks. Avid brakes make it all stop. For the time being, I'm keeping it full rigid, but if I find a good deal on a 29'er suspension fork (and can afford it) I'll give it some boing up front.

In order to build it, the parts that weren't 29'er or geared specific got pulled off the B-52. My plan is to eventually build Henry around the Giant frame, thus making for a lighter packmule.

But, in the end, my damp test ride was a success. Everything worked wonderfully, and the trail wasn't so muddy that it got all over the place. My jacket was sticking to my arms by the time I got home, but I was happy. I like this bike.

Totally unrelated, here's a sunset from a Friday night ride with TC a few weeks ago.



Mileage: 6.9

No comments: