Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Scooter Trash

"I don't have pet peeves; I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay. And it makes the world a lot easier to sort out. " -- George Carlin

I really love the phrase "Scooter Trash", but with the massive amount of idiots on scooters now-a-days, it has lost its charm and turned into a complete and utter insult.

On Saturday, riding to Best Buy, I had someone on a scooter pass me on the bike path. Now, for those not familiar with Flagstaff, the bike path is a double-width side walk intended for bicycles. I was so aghast at this man's audacity, that I yelled at him. How can you fathom this to be a good idea? Mixing bicycles, pedestrians, and scooters on the same path? Why not make pedestrians walk in the street while we're at it?
This morning I found another of these morons sitting in the bike lane (diamond line along side car traffic lanes) waiting for a light to change. He yelled at me when I passed him and sat in front of him for the light, and took my sweet time riding off.

One last thing, why does scooter trash think that a bicycle helmet is enough to protect their brain? Though, I guess they're already brain-dead to make that decision...
Mileage:3.5

No comments: